Friday, January 2, 2009

A new president

Well as you all know there is a transition of power in the U.S. from the Bush era to the Obama presidency. And this is one change I am glad for.



In my years in politics on a local level, I saw a small idea of how a town is run. I saw how it is needed for people to put aside their agenda and political differences and do what is best, in this case it was the town. I was on the Economic Development Commission and the Democrats and Republicans had to work together for what was best for the town. We had to try to entice business to develop in our town. We worked hard on the commission. We came up with ideas to promote economic growth in the town. That was on a small scale.



I have yet to see this on a national level. We have seen and heard horror stories about the Bush era along with the Republicans in office. We have seen leadership in Washington, D.C. squandered and now our country is suffering the consequences. Some are saying these consequences will be long lasting some say we will get out of this recession. I am preparing for the worst. I am working as hard as I can to get debts paid off. All possible cash flow is going to pay off debt. And any unexpected money that comes in is going to pay down and off debt. I hope you do the same. I would never want to trade my freedom for food.



What will the Obama/Biden White House hold for us. I hope it holds new opportunities to turn our country around and help our fellow countryman. As it goes, jobs are hard to come by and more and more people are becoming homeless and hungry. We need to come together in these hard economic times to help each other. We cannot let our country slip into oblivion and become a lesser power. We need to work together to the betterment of each other.



And I am glad Barak Obama picked Rick Warren for his inauguration. I think Mr. Warren has an open mind and the willingness to serve the new president where he can.

No comments: